Royal Air Force Station Hereford or RAF Hereford, and also known as RAF Credenhill
RAF Hereford was a non-flying station of the Royal Air Force situated in the village of Credenhill near Hereford. It was commissioned in 1940 and served as home for a range of training schools from 1940 until closure in 1999. RAF Hereford was home to Administrative Apprentice training until the final entry (330) graduated and passed out in August 1973 following which the station continued to provide trade training to adult entrants to the RAF and ‘in service’ junior command and leadership / promotion training until 1999. The station was subsequently redeveloped for use by the British Army and established as depot for the Special Air Service.
Any exbrats from RAF Hereford should contact the Royal Air Force Administrative Apprentices Association here.